Saturday, October 1, 2011

Volunteering to Reclaim His Economy

Written by Keeper of the Mountains Foundation Volunteer "Community Owned Energy Researcher" Tyler Cannon

Tyler Cannon voicing demands to Arch Coal in St. Louis

My name is Tyler Cannon, and I am a new volunteer for Keeper of the Mountains. My role includes research on various types of locally owned renewable energy sources. I have recently moved from Logan, WV, to Morgantown, WV, to attend West Virginia University, and when I saw this position open, I saw an opportunity to serve my home from a distance. Also, an opportunity to be a part of the solution; this solution being a West Virginia with a local economy that allows the people and the environment to not just exist, but to thrive. This research will provide understanding to those who wish to work towards this goal. Once we have understanding, we can put this vision into action.