Keeper of the Mountains Foundation
Year End Fundraising Drive Coordinator
Position Dates: October 24th, 2011 - January 31st, 2012. Potential for expansion to full time employment.
Application Due Date: Applications must be received by 5:00 PM EST on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011. Please send applications as early as possible.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Hours / Week: 20-30 hours/week – 5-7 days/week, Many Evenings and Weekends Required
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Operations Director
Mission of & Introduction to the Keeper of the Mountains Foundation: The Keeper of the Mountains Foundation (KotM) aims to educate and inspire people to work for healthier, more sustainable mountain communities and an end to mountaintop removal. We believe a better future in the coalfields requires everyday people to come together and recognize their power to make long-term, lasting change. We envision an organization, led by West Virginians, with real power in West Virginia. We support communities that want to move beyond a coal-based economy and put in its place an economy that values people, land, and mountain heritage.
Current Situation and Objectives: The Keeper of the Mountains Foundation is experiencing strong growth. KotM is scheduling more speaking events, working with more Southern WV residents, and successfully fundraising. KotM is committed to grassroots fundraising from individual donations and scheduling fundraising events. KotM is planning to implement a well-organized, year-end fundraising drive through phone banks to outreach to our supporters and raise grassroots money to continue putting our vision into action. The Year End Fundraising Drive Coordinator is responsible for working with the KotM Year End Fundraising Drive Consultant and Operations Director to implement the Year End Fundraising Drive Plan.
• Attend a "Training for Trainers" on Organizing a Phone Banking Events
• Organize & Oversee Regular Volunteer Phone Banking Events in November and December
• Ensure all Phone Numbers In KotM Database Are Called in Phone Banking Events
• Ensure Effective Online Donation Appeals are Sent Using Email, Facebook Causes, and Other Online Tools
• Ensure Major Donor Meetings are Set Up and Asks are Made of all Potential Major Donors
• Ensure Our Phone Bank Outreach Builds Long Term Organizational Activity & Base of KotM
• Track All Donation Asks
• Organize & Oversee All Data Entry to Maximize the Number of Donors w/ Phone Numbers for Phone Bank
• Research Major Donors and Foundations
• Recruit, Coordinate and Remind Volunteers and Board Members to Work the Phone Bank
• Maintain, Update Database and Schedules
• Follow-up with Low-dollar, High-Dollar and Sustaining Donors and House Party Hosts
• Prepare Grants / Project Proposals and Progress Reports as Required by Operations Director.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Background Knowledge of Appalachia, Coal, Mountaintop Removal, and West Virginia
• Experience in Grassroots Organizing and Fundraising
• Experience in Direct Donation Asks
• Experience in Excel, Word, Email, Facebook, Twitter and Google Documents
• Sales ability
• Excellent Verbal Communication and Written Communication
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to Work Independently and as Part of a Team
• Excellent Time-management Skills with the Ability to Simultaneously Manage Multiple Projects and Meet Deadlines
• Able to Work Flexible Hours, Including Many Evenings and Weekends
• Dedication, Motivation, Drive, Ambition, and Commitment to the Job
This position will be based out of the KotM Office in Charleston, West Virginia
Please send a Letter of Interest, Resume, and Three References to the Keeper of the Mountains Foundation at Apply@MountainKeeper.org.
Daniel Chiotos, Operations Director, at 304-205-0920 and/or Danny@MountainKeeper.org to ask questions about this position.